Have you ever gone to a pool with the intention of swimming only to see that the water in it is so cloudy and dirty? This can be a very frustrating because nobody wants to swim in cloudy and filthy water in the pool and the same is the case when it comes to the water of your hot tub.
If you own a hot tub in your home, it is very important that you exert efforts to ensure that the water in it is clear and clean. Cloudy hot tub water can be caused by several factors such as its pH level, dirt and others. If you want to keep your hot tub water clean and clear, below are some really helpful advice that you should check out.
- Make Sure the Filter is Working Properly – One cause of dirty and cloudy hot tub water is a broken filter. If a filter is not functioning properly, the dirt and other unwanted particles can make the water in your hot tub dirty and cloudy. To help prevent this from happening, always check your filter from time to time to ensure that it is working in great condition.
- Regulate the pH Level of the Hot Tub Water – Having a very high pH level of the water in your hot tub is another cause to why it sometimes become cloudy. What you need to do to stop this from happening is to check the pH level of the water and use the appropriate chemicals to keep it properly balanced.
- Always Shower Before Using the Hot Tub – Dissolved solids from lotions, shampoos, and other substances used on our body can be another reason why the hot tub water becomes dirty and cloudy. A great and simple way to avoid this situation is to institute a “Shower First Before Use” policy when using your hot tub so that the people need to shower first before going in for a dip. This will help ensure that there will be no more dissolved solids that can ruin the water in your hot tub.
Draining and Refilling the Water Regularly – If you are really having a tough time in keeping the water of your hot tub clean, an option you can go with is regularly draining and refilling it. While this option can be a big tiring, it is going to help make sure that the water in your tub is always clean and c
Hot tubs in the home may seem like only aesthetic or luxurious additions but what you may not know is that there are other benefits that a hot tub can bring. One of these is the use of hot tubs for hydrotherapy. For those who are unfamiliar with hydrotherapy, it is basically the use of water to help in relieving the discomfort and pain that our bodies may experience.
The great thing about hydrotherapy is that it can provide instantaneous relief and help make our body feel better. If you have a hot tub at home and you have not really explored using it for hydrotherapy, you should seriously reconsider. Check out the list below of some hydrotherapy activities that you can do with your hot tub.
- Arthritis Relief Using Your Hot Tub – Arthritis can be a very painful condition to have and while it is usually associated with the elderly, any person can be afflicted with arthritis even at a younger age. While medication can help alleviate the pain caused by arthritis, one good way that you can also try is hydrotherapy using your hot tub. The warm water of your hot tub will help relieve the pain the joints experienced by people suffering from arthritis. Have a soak in your tub for a twenty to thirty minutes and you’ll see that the arthritis pain will be gone.
- Warm Hot Tub Water to Help Psychological and Emotional Conditions – Hot tubs are not only used to help alleviate physical pain but in some instances it can even help psychological or emotional pain. Studies have shown that hot tubs can help improve the condition of those people suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD and other emotional distress. The warm water helps in providing relaxation and comfort that will really contribute to battling the stress caused about by PTSD or other emotional triggers.
- Improving Sleeping Habits Using Hot Tub Hydrotherapy – Having improper sleeping patterns can be a very frustrating problem for people. Thankfully, a hot tub can help you in fixing this. According to recent studies, soaking in the warm water of a hot tub before going to bed helps a person to have a better night’s sleep. If you are having trouble sleeping, try to soak in your tub twenty or thirty minutes before your bed time and see just how improved your sleep can be with the help of your hot tub at home.
Using your hot tub during the summer months can be a great experience. There is nothing like soaking in the warm water as you stare into the beautiful summer evening. The same thing cannot be said of using the hot tub during the winter months as it can be a bit tough since you need to take the proper steps to ensure that your tub will stay in proper condition.
Winter hot tub use can be a challenge for a number of different reasons. The low temperature may cause your hot tub water to freeze if you do not do the proper checks. Also, your electric bill could go through the roof because of the energy requirements of your hot tub if you do not ensure that the proper steps are taken. To guide you in using your hot tub during the winter months, I have listed some very useful tips below that you can try.
- Prevent the Pipes From Freezing – The cold winter can do some damage to your hot tub and one of the major causes of concern is your pipes freezing up on you. To help prevent this from happening, always see to it that you check the hot tub’s freeze protection system is working properly so that you will not be surprised with frozen hot tub pipes all of a sudden.
- Use A Insulated Hot Tub Cover – If you are going to get a hot tub cover for your hot tub, it is recommended that you choose
one which is insulated. This is because doing so will help keep the heat in your hot tub for a longer period of time which will in turn help in lowering your energy requirements in maintaining its temperature. It may not seem like much but a good insulated hot tub cover can actually save you a ton of money.
- Regularly Check the Water Level – If you are not really using your hot tub everyday during the winter months, it is highly recommended that you check the level of your water from time to time. This is important because if the water level becomes too low, the pumps and heater of your hot tub may stop working and could cause the water to freeze.
- Stock Up on Hot Tub Supplies – The weather conditions during winter tend to be unpredictable and there may be times when you could not leave your house because of it. With that being said, it is recommended that you always stock up on hot tub supplies during winter so that you will be prepared with whatever things may need to be replaced in your tub. An extra hot tub filter cartridge, sanitizers, chemicals, and test strips are just some supplies that you should stock up on during winter.
Having a hot tub in your home is certainly something that can really improve your social life. Everyone loves soaking in the hot tub which is why it is easy for you to host an amazing hot tub party which will definitely make you the toast of your office or workplace.
But hosting a hot tub party is actually not as simple as it may seem. You need to ensure that you take the proper steps into consideration so that you do not run into any hassles and problems during your party. If you are hosting a hot tub party for the first time, here are some tips that you need to remember.
Tip #1: Consider the Capacity of Your Hot Tub
Hot tubs can come in different sizes and capacities so you should definitely consider this before sending out the invites to your hot tub party. You never want to invite too many guests which will make the hot tub really crowded and uncomfortable. To have a comfy and enjoyable time at your hot tub party, make sure that you invite only the appropriate amount of people which can comfortably fit in your hot tub.
Tip #2: Have Extra Swimsuits and Swim Shorts Ready
You’ll never know if one or more of your guests have forgotten their swimming gear thus it is always a great idea to have extra swimsuits and swim shorts ready. Your party will definitely not be enjoyable if there are people who cannot join in the fun so having the swim gear ready is important.
Tip #3: Prepare Food and Drinks Which Suit a Hot Tub Party
To have a great hot tub party you should keep in mind the activities that you will be doing when choosing what kind of food to prepare. For hot tub parties, it is wise to go with finger foods and light snacks to make it easier to eat while soaking in the tub. For drinks, you may serve alcoholic drinks but you should do so while you are out of the water as the high temperature can contribute to faster inebriation.
Tip #4: Music and Lights Go A Long Way
The hot tub in your home is already a great place to relax and have fun with your friends but adding some music and lights can really take it to another level. You can sing and dance with your friends and family while soaking in the tub while having an excellent time
Tip #5: Maintaining the Hot TubMaintaining your hot tub before the party is not only a suggestion but it is definitely a must. When anticipating other people to use your tub, it is only proper that you do your best to keep it clean and in the best condition possible so that you can have endless fun at your hot tub party.
Many people think about getting a hot tub for their home. There are a lot of advantages to doing this, among which are the improvement in the aesthetic value of the home as well as adding a place where you and your family can relax and unwind. Deciding to get a hot tub though is just the easy part since actually buying a hot tub can be a big and important task that you should not take lightly.
If you are planning on getting a hot tub, you must not rush things and take time to evaluate several important things. You never want to make a mistake in buying a hot tub as this can mean a lot of lost dollars or a pretty big inconvenience on your part. To help you out in order to buy the best hot tub available for your home, below are 5 tips that you can use.
- Do Your Homework First – Just like in school, you can never get a high grade in buying a hot tub without doing your homeowner. It is just a wise decision to take time and research first on the kinds of hot tubs and then picking out which one fits your needs best. Some of the important details that you should research on are the size, the quality, and then features of the hot tub so you can pick out the perfect match for your needs.
- Be Patient to Save Money – A lot of people become too excited when buying a hot tub that they simply pick the first one that they see. This is not a very good thing for you to do as you will likely be filled with regret later on when you see a better hot tub or one which is cheaper. A hot tub is a big investment so take time and be patient so that you can find great deals on the hot tub of your dreams. Waiting just a few weeks or months can mean a big difference in terms of price so patience is key.
- Make Sure That Only Professionals Install Your Hot Tub – When deciding on which place to buy, make sure that you go with a company that employs professionals to install your hot tub in your home. Some companies simply deliver your hot tub to your home and don’t even bother with the installation. This can be a big hassle so always make sure that before you pay for your hot tub that the shop you are buying the hot tub from has a staff of professionals who will take care of the installation for you.
- Making a Visual Inspection is Essential – Looking at a hot tub online may make you think that you already know exactly what you are going to buy but this is really not the case. Sometimes the pictures of a hot tub may differ from the actual thing so it is always wise to inspect the hot tub in person to see what you are actually buying before you make your purchase.
Enjoying the hot tub in your home can be really fun especially if you do it with your friends and family. You can spend the time relaxing and enjoying the warm water with the sights and sounds surrounding your home. Some hot tubs even have built-in speakers so that you can enjoy your favorite music or audio books while you have your soak.
While enjoyment is a big consideration when using the hot tub, safety should never be forgotten too. Sometimes people become too lax and it is at this time when accidents and mishaps tend to occur. To help avoid falling victim to this, here are a few safety tips that you should always keep in mind when using your hot tub.
- Read the Hot Tub Safety Guidelines – The safety guidelines that come with your hot tub is important for a reason. Always see to it that you read it before using your hot tub for the first time. It can contain some essential warnings for hot tub use such as the relation with some health conditions like diabetes and high or low blood pressure so it is definitely a must-read.
- Use a Hot Tub Cover When Not Using the It – When the hot tub is not in use or it is unsupervised, it is highly advised that you use a hot tub cover to cover it up. This is not only recommended to minimize foreign objects from getting into the pool but more importantly to avoid your children or pets from accidentally getting in and drowning.
- Do Not Use Extension Cords Near the Hot Tub – This is a very important tip that you want to remember if you want to avoid being electrocuted. Go with battery operated gadgets instead of electrical appliances to prevent this danger from happening.
- Monitor the Water Quality and Clarity – If you have not changed your hot tub water for a very long time then germs, bacteria and fungi can be a very serious risk. That is why it is always recommended that you monitor the quality and clarity of your hot tub water so that you can avoid skin irritations or infections.
- Use Rubber Mats Around the Hot Tub – The area around the hot tub can be very slippery due to the water splashing everywhere. As such slipping is a very serious risk if you do not do anything to prevent it. It is advised that you use rubber mats around the tub to avoid mishaps and accidents caused by slipping.
Follow the tips above and continue to enjoy your hot tub at home safely!
Indoor hot tubs offer a very unique and different style to your home. Compared to outdoor hot tubs, indoor tubs can be a bit more expensive but it is certainly worth every penny for the benefits that it offers. With an indoor hot tub you can enjoy your tub inside your home and thus rain, snow, or any other weather condition will not be a hindrance to enjoying your hot tub. Also, it can really improve the overall value of your home as indoor hot tubs are luxurious accessories that every homeowner wants to have.
If you are seriously considering getting an indoor hot tub though you should stop for a moment and consider several important aspects that can play a role in enjoying your hot tub. There are thing that you should really know before getting an indoor hot tub. If you do not know what some of these things are, take a moment to read the informative post below.
- Select Where in the House You Want to Install the Hot Tub – This is the first important decision that you should make as all other details will depend on it. Evaluate your home carefully and select where you want your indoor hot tub. Once you have done so, consult an architect or a qualified builder as you may need their help in making your plans a reality.
- The Size of the Hot Tub – Once you are done with the first important detail, next up will be determining the size of the hot tub that you want installed. Indoor hot tubs come in several sizes so always see to it that you choose one which will be appropriate to the place where you want to install it in.
- Determine Your Budget – Determining the budget that you have for your project is an essential factor that you must already have before going out and getting an indoor hot tub. This type of home project can be quite expensive so you must already find out if you have enough money right from the start. You never want to be in the middle of the project when you realize that you do not have enough money so always check your finances first before doing anything.
- How to Deal With the Humidity in the Room – Humidity is a big issue for an indoor hot tub if you do not do anything about it. This can be a problem for the interior of your home as well as to the enjoyment of your hot tub. That is why you should already consider this before even starting on looking for an indoor tub. Already do the research on the ventilation system that is appropriate for your indoor tub to avoid any issues later on.
Hot tubs are simply amazing home accessories and they can drastically improve the look and feel of your home as soon as you have it installed. This is definitely one reason why many homeowners are very excited when they are about to have a hot tub installed in their home. Sometimes though this can be a disadvantage as some people rush into buying their hot tubs without really considering all of the important factors which need their attention.
Buying a hot tub is no joke as it will definitely cost you a lot of money. That being said, it is always wise to think things through before you go out and purchase a hot tub for your home. There are many things that you still need to do before buying a hot tub to ensure that you get the best experience possible once it is already installed. To guide you, here are 10 things that you must do before you go out and buy a hot tub.
- Check How Much You Can Afford to Spend – Getting a luxurious home accessory such as a hot tub is serious business and thus you must really take a moment and consider your finances before you go hot tub shopping. Take a look at your budget and see if you can indeed afford to buy a hot tub. This will also help you in determining just exactly how much you can afford to spend on a hot tub so you can choose one within your price range.
- Decide Where You Want to Put the Hot Tub – Deciding on the place where you want the hot tub installed is one of things that you must never forget when buying a hot tub. There are many kinds of hot tubs and there are ones which you can use indoors and those which are for the outdoors. Determining beforehand where you will be placing your hot tub will certainly help narrow down your choices so you can pick the perfect one for your home.
- Take the Proper Measurements – Before you go out and buy a hot tub you must take careful measurements of the place where you plan to install it. This is important because you do not want to purchase a tub which is either too large or too small for the space you have allocated for it. Taking the measurements of the intended area will help you get a hot tub which has a perfect size for the spot where you want to put it in.
- Do Your Research – Researching is not only important for school but likewise when you plan on getting a hot tub. You never want to leave anything to chance when purchasing a hot tub especially since this is an expensive investment. Make sure you research on the hot tub manufacturers, models, and other essential information related to getting a hot tub.
- Choose a Hot Tub Manufacturer – With your research already on hand, take a pick of which hot tub manufacturer you will go with. Each manufacturer has its own pros and cons so you must take your personal circumstances and preferences into consideration when choosing which brand of hot tub you are going to get. Also, make sure you pick one which has a great reputation so that you will not have any regrets.
- Pick Out the Hot Tub Features You Want to Have on Your Tub – Hot tubs have gone a long way and now they are not simply tubs that you fill with hot water. Technology has certainly made things better and there are a ton of hot tub features which are now available. Take your pick as to what kind of special features you want in your hot tub since there are now hot tubs with built-in speakers and even those with hydromassage jets.
- Check Which Stores in Your Area Have the Hot Tub You Want for the Best Price – There are many hot tub sellers out there and each one may price certain models differently. This is why you must always canvass the stores in your locality to check which ones have the best deal for the hot tub you desire.
- Check the Warranty – This is one step that many people do not do bother with only fore them to regret it later on. You always want to check the warranty of the hot tub you are getting. You always want to know if there is a warranty and what is the extent of the coverage so that you know what to do if ever there is any malfunctions or problems with your hot tub in the future.
- What Hot Tub Accessories are Required – Usually stores that sell hot tubs also sells hot tub accessories and sometimes they even bundle them together so that you can save money if you purchase them as a bundle. That is why you must determine what kind of hot tub accessories you will be needing so you can already purchase them together with the hot tub so that you can possibly save money as well as save yourself from the hassle of needing to purchase them in the future.
- Learn the Important Steps in Maintaining It – Buying the hot tub may be fun and exciting but before you go ahead and do it you must familiarize yourself with the necessary steps in order to maintain it. There is no use in buying an amazing hot tub if you would not be able to maintain it properly. Make sure you do not forget to do this before buying a hot tub so that you can help keep it in tip top shape for a very long time.
When people think of hot tubs what usually comes to mind is a big tub full of hot water being pumped with water jets that serves as an excellent means of relaxation. While this is true, hot tubs have really evolved over the years and now there are many features which you may not be familiar with.
Having a great hot tub experience is not only limited to having a relaxing dip in the warm water. There are now several features which really maximize the overall hot tub experience so that you will feel completely relaxed and satisfied whenever you are in the tub. Just check out these five cool hot tub features which you probably did not know about until now.
- Pop-up Speakers – People love to listen to music or audio books whenever they are soaking in their hot tubs. Before, they would usually have trouble in setting up a good audio system near the hot tub since the location is quite challenging. Thankfully there are hot tubs nowadays with built-in pop-up speakers that allow you to enjoy your music and audio books the best way possible. This is certainly going to push your relaxation to a whole different level.
- iPod or iPhone Docking – When you mention iPod or iPhone docking people would normally associate it to speakers or to car docks but those are not the only place where you can dock your iPod or iPhone. There are now hot tubs which have a iPod or iPhone docking which certainly makes things more convenient and easier for you. Now your iPod or iPhone can be securely placed within your reach while you enjoy a dip in the hot tub.
- Liftable Waterproof Television – Some people want to watch television while they are relaxing in the hot tub but before this was very difficult and inconvenient to do. Thankfully there are now hot tubs with liftable waterproof television sets that will allow you to catch your favorite shows while you enjoy the warm water of your hot tub.
- Aromatherapy – Many people love to light scented aromatherapy candles whenever they take a long soak in their bath tubs. This element can now already be found in some hot tub models as aromatherapy is a very popular feature which countless people enjoy. You can easily choose which scent you want to have and you can control its intensity levels using a dial or a button. This is certainly a unique hot tub feature which not many people know about.
- Hydromassage Jets – Hydromassage is a feature which adds the comfort and relaxation of a massage chair to a hot tub. The hydromassage jets of the hot tub rotates in specific patterns to create a powerful stream of warm moving water that massages targeted areas of your body. This feature certainly gives you a level of relaxation and comfort like no other.
We are the best Park City hot tub dealer, see our line of Hot Springs Hot Tubs here.
Hot tubs are awesome and they are really great accessories to add to your home. It gives your home tons of added aesthetic appeal and it will likewise offer you a way to relax and unwind after a long day at work.
You can never go wrong in getting a hot tub for your home. Many people are excited about getting a hot tub for their home but if you are one of these people then you should take a moment and consider some important factors before you do. There are some important things that you should take into consideration to ensure that you will have a complete and hassle-free hot tub experience.
Here are some of the things that you should think about before getting a hot tub.
- The Size of Your Backyard – If you want to have a hot tub in your home then probably the first thing that you would want to do is to ensure that it will fit in the spot where you want to place it. Oftentimes homeowners are too excited about getting a hot tub that they do not make the necessary measurements to ensure that they get a hot tub which is the right size for the place they want to put it in. Always do this before you go out and get a hot tub to avoid the hassle of having to replace the one you chose because it is too big for your backyard.