If you have bought a hot tub for your home, one thing that you should remember is to keep it clean and in great condition. This can be a lot easier said than done especially since outdoor hot tubs get exposed to dust, dirt, leaves, and other unwanted particles that make it filthy and dirty very easily. Luckily, there are accessories that you can get to ensure that your hot tub is constantly clean and in tip top shape. Check out below a list of the five essential hot tub accessories that every owner should have.
- Hot Tub Covers – Hot tub covers are one of the most important accessories that you should never forget to have. Having a hot tub in the outdoors mean that it is always exposed to nature and you shouldn’t be surprised to see dead leaves, insects, tree sap and other problematic particles get on your hot tub if you do not have a cover. A hot tub cover is a really simple accessory that helps in shielding your hot tub from the unwanted dust and dirt so that it stays clean and tidy always.
- Cover Lifters – Hot tub covers are really great to have but they can be a bit tiring to install and remove whenever you use your hot tub. Thankfully, there are cover lifters that you can use to make things a lot easier for you. With the right cover lifters, you won’t need to worry about the hassle of removing the hot tub cover every time you want to use your tub as well as putting it back on after you are done. The cover lifters just make everything more convenient and hassle-free for you.
- Cover Cap – While hot tub covers protect your hot tub from dust, dirt, and other unwanted objects, it can also get exposed to the harsh environment which can likewise damage it. Some hot tub covers get damaged during the winter months or prolonged exposure to the sun which is why using a cover cap is really recommended. A cover cap is a tarp-like cover which you can put over your hot tub cover so that it can stay protected as well.
- Cover Straps – Hot tub covers can be costly which is why taking care of it is really important. One accessory that can be useful for this purpose is a cover strap which helps secure your hot tub cover so that it is not blown away by strong winds. It is also a great way to ensure that no unauthorized person uses your hot tub since many cover straps are secured by keys for added security.
- Hot Tub Chemicals – Chemicals that you put in your hot tub are also extremely important for a number of purposes. One important reason why you should use the correct hot tub chemicals is because it helps prevent germs, fungi and bacteria from inhabiting in the water. Also, it helps regulate the pH level of the water so that it does not become too acidic or too alkaline which can potentially cause damage.
All of these hot tub, pool and spa accessories are available from Big Splash Hot tubs. Contact us if you have any questions.